Netgear WN3500RP Setup
Netgear WN3500RP Setup | N600
Netgear WN3500RP setup not only boosts your dual-band WiFi, but also allows you to stream songs to a connected speaker using DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) or Airplay. Additionally, you can plug your printer into the USB port and use AirPrint to print from your iPhone or iPad wirelessly. Moreover, you can also connect wired devices like Smart TVs, gaming consoles, or computers to your wireless network.
Netgear WN3500RP WiFi Extender Setup| N600
Netgear WN3500RP Manual: When you buy a brand new Netgear WN3500RP WiFi extender, you receive a Netgear WN3500RP manual with it. Netgear WN3500RP N600 manual consists of a series of Netgear WN3500RP setup steps from starting to end. Simply follow the Netgear WN3500RP WiFi extender setup instructions given on the manual and make it up and running. But, the N600 manual can be hard to understand for a beginner. So,
Now, you will come to know some easy methods for Netgear WN3500RP N600 extender Setup. Keep scrolling down.
Netgear N600 Extender Setup | WN3500RP Setup
Using Netgear Installation Assistant
To complete your Netgear WN3500RP wireless range setup using the Netgear installation assistant follow the steps given below.
- Plug your Netgear N600 WiFi extender into a working wall socket.
- Open an internet browser on your PC or laptop and enter mywifiext in the address bar.
- New Extender Setup page displays.
- Select the WiFi range extender button and click on Continue.
- Now, enter the network password or passphrase and click on Next.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled devices to your Netgear N600 WN3500RP range extender and click on Continue.
- Complete the registration fields and at last, click on FINISH to complete the Netgear N600 WN3500RP extender setup process.
- Now, unplug your Netgear wireless range extender and move it to a new location that is near to your existing WiFi router.
Netgear WN3500RP Setup | N600
Using WPS Method
Set up Netgear extender– WN3500RP N600 using WPS:
- Plug your Netgear WN3500RP WiFi range extender into a working wall outlet that is near to your existing WiFi router.
- Locate the WPS button on your Netgear N600 extender.
- After that, push and hold the WPS button on your Netgear WN3500RP extender. Release the WPS button carefully.
- After a few minutes, push the WPS button on your existing WiFi router. The WPS LED on your Netgear WN3500RP N600 extender will become solid green and the 2.4 GHz (Gigahertz) Link Rate LED will light up.
Note: If your main WiFi router supports the 5 GHz band, simply repeat steps 1 and 2 and connect your Netgear WN3500RP N600 extender to the 5 GHz band.
- Move your Netgear N600 WiFi extender to a new location and connect your WiFi-enabled devices to the Netgear extender’s WiFi network.
- That’s how you can complete your Netgear WN3500RP setup using the WPS method.
Netgear WN3500RP WiFi Extender Setup | N600
Enable FastLane Technology
FastLane technology offers you the highest WiFi performance. Basically, it provides high-speed internet connection with a dedicated band connecting your Netgear WN3500RP range extender to your existing WiFi router and a second band connecting your Netgear extender and a WiFi device.
Follow some steps given below to enable the FastLane technology after Netgear extender WN3500RP extender setup:
- Load up a web browser on a desktop or laptop.
- Type mywifiext.net or Netgear extender’s default IP address into the browser’s address bar.
- Enter default login credentials and click on the login button.
- Click on the FastLane Technology radio button.
- Now, you will get two options: ‘Device-to-extender in 5 GHz only and extender-to-router in 2.4 GHz only’ and ‘Device-to-extender in 2.4 GHz only and extender-to-router in 5 GHz only’.
- Click on the Apply button to save the settings.
Netgear WN3500RP N600 WiFi Extender
Common Setup Issues
- Router can’t connect to Netgear wn3500rp N600 WiFi extender.
- Netgear Genie continues to appear even after the Netgear wn3500rp N600 WiFi range extender setup.
- LED lights are not stable.
- Cannot access Netgear Genie setup wizard.
- Incorrect username and password.
- Forgot Netgear extender’s security key.
- Can’t find the Netgear extender network name (SSID).
- Unable to update Netgear wn3500rp extender’s firmware.
- Unable to perform Netgear WN3500RP reset process.
- Mywifiext.net not working.
- Errors while accessing mywifiext.local.
- Issues while accessing the Netgear extender’s default IP address.
- N600 range extender not connecting to the internet.
- Lost the setup CD.
- Netgear WN3500RP WiFi extender connected but no internet.
- Netgear WiFi extender not working.
Netgear WN3500RP Extender Setup| N600
Go through some easy troubleshooting steps below-mentioned to fix Netgear WN3500rp WiFi range extender not working issues instantly:
- Plug your Netgear WN3500RP WiFi range extender into an active wall socket.
- Also, ensure that your Netgear N600 extender is placed within the reach of your existing WiFi router.
- Connect your WiFi router and your Netgear WN3500RP extender through an Ethernet cable.
- Type 192.168.1.250 or mywifiext correctly into the browser’s address bar.
- Do not use an outdated version of the internet browser.
- Change the default login credentials after the Netgear extender setup process.
- Avoid placing your Netgear WN3500RP N600 WiFi range extender near to juicers, mixer grinders, thick walls, microwave ovens, cordless phones, Bluetooth speakers, metal appliances, security alarms, baby monitors, etc.
- Update Netgear extender’s firmware and your existing router’s firmware timely.
- Perform Netgear WN3500RP N300 process.
Netgear N600 WN3500RP | Update Netgear Extender’s Firmware
Does your Netgear N600 WN3500RP range extender behave weirdly? Is your Netgear N600 WiFi extender not providing the expected WiFi speed even after Netgear WN3500RP WiFi extender setup? If yes, then update Netgear extender’s firmware right away.
Here’s how to update Netgear N600 firmware:
- Plug your Netgear WN3500RP WiFi extender into a working wall socket.
- Pull up a relevant web browser on a computer or laptop and type mywifiext.net or default IP address of your Netgear WN3500RP into the browser’s address bar.
- Netgear N600 login page displays.
- Select the Firmware Update option.
- If the new firmware version is available, follow the instructions given on-screen and update Netgear extender’s N600 firmware.