Guidelines to Perform Netgear Extender Firmware Update
Are you looking for the guidelines to update the firmware of your Netgear WiFi range extender and improve its overall performance? Well, guess what? You’ve landed on the right post! Here, we’ve talked about two different methods through which you can perform Netgear extender firmware update with ease. So, what are you waiting for? Read on.
Netgear Extender Firmware Update Using Manual Method
Mentioned below are the step-by-step instructions you should go through to update the firmware of your Netgear extender using the Manual method:
- Plug your Netgear extender into a wall socket and turn it on.
- Let the power LED on your wireless device become green.
- Create a connection between your Netgear extender and the WiFi router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- You are also free to connect your devices using a wireless source.
- Once done, switch on your computer and open an internet browser on it.
- In the address bar of your internet browser, type 192.168.1.250 and press Enter.
- The Netgear extender login page will display on your screen.
- Enter the default username and password into their respective fields and click Log In.
- Head over to Settings > Firmware Update.
- If you do not see that option, select Maintenance > Firmware Update.
- Click Check Online.
- If a new firmware is available, follow the on-screen prompts to update the firmware of your Netgear WiFi range extender.
In this manner, you’ll easily be able to update the firmware of your Netgear extender using manual method.
Netgear Extender Firmware Update Via Nighthawk App
Another way through which you can perform Netgear extender firmware update is using the Nighthawk app. Follow the steps outlined below to update the firmware of your device using the Nighthawk application:
- Unlock your smartphone and go to the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Download the Netgear Nighthawk app and wait for it to get installed.
- Once the app gets installed, create a Netgear account using your username, password, and email address.
- Log in to your wireless device using the default Netgear extender login details.
- Tap Log In.
- The Netgear Genie smart setup wizard will come into view.
- Tap the Network Map option.
- Select Check For Updates.
- Once available firmware update comes into view, tap Update.
- Now, wait for the Netgear extender firmware update process to get completed.
With that, you’ll successfully be able to update the firmware of your Netgear WiFi range extender using the Nighthawk application.
Fixed: Netgear Extender Firmware Update Failure
If you come across any issues while trying to update the firmware of your Netgear wireless range extender, it is recommended that you follow the tips mentioned here:
- Make sure that your Netgear range extender is receiving a fluctuation-free power supply from the wall outlet.
- If the Ethernet cable connecting your Netgear extender and WiFi router is worn out or damaged from anywhere, get it replaced with a new one immediately.
- In case your extender is placed near electronic devices, transmitting appliances, and reflexive surfaces, change its location right away.
- Do not shut down your system while the firmware of your extender is in the process of getting updated. Otherwise, the firmware might end up getting corrupted.
Hopefully, these troubleshooting tips will help you fix whatever issues you’re facing while performing Netgear extender firmware update.
For your Netgear WiFi range extender to function smoothly, it needs a regular firmware update. If you carefully follow the instructions mentioned in this post, you’ll surely be able to perform Netgear extender firmware update. In case you get stuck at any point during the process, get in touch with our technical experts immediately.